Servals is committed towards improving water conservation and water management in agricultural areas. I have already written about product Varsha Rain Guns, a micro-irrigation product, that uses water more efficiently.I wanted to talk about our new initiative in the area of water conservation. We are calling it the “small rain gun”. It is still under development. But here is a quick overivew:
- Most of the rain guns in the market today, need an operating pressure of 2 kg/cm2.
- However ground level conditions of many farmers does not offer this pressure; due to factors like low water level in wells, use of 3 HP pumps to draw water, poor quality of pipelines etc.
- We are attempting to design a rain gun that will help in such situations
- Servals is nearing completion in the development of such a rain gun.
- Servals is in a dialogue with NABARD and the MS Swaminathan Research Foundation (MSSRF) for possibilities for this small gun
- Discussions are also continuing with the MSSRF in the development of a portable irrigation system where the small gun would be very useful.