There is no processing/refining involved.
- The key focus is to develop a renewable and sustainable energy alternative to replace kerosene as a cooking and lighting fuel.
- Servals’ Plant Oil Stove is a breakthrough technology that is a ‘first-of-its-kind’ in the world initiative.
- Included as a “Social Innovation” in the book “Break-through” published by CIIA
- Recognized as a
“carbon neutral” initiative
- Has the potential to create a series of economic activities around energy extraction and distribution.
- Nowadays fuels such as kerosene and wood are getting scarcer due to depletion of natural resources such as
- Therefore the trend is to develop more sustainable soluti
- In cooperation with Servals Automation, Fire4India developed an innovative cooking stove which burns on 100% crude plant oil and is able to burn on all different kinds of plant oil.
- The stove, specially designed for the BOP(Bottom-of-the-Pyramid) market; will create more independence by giving the possibility of extracting plant oil by the BOP people themselves.
- Although it allows the use of an alternative fuel, it does not provide the independence that a 100% plant oil stove would.
- We have a prototype of a 100% plant oil that burns continuously for a couple of hours and then tends to get clogged with carbon deposits.
- We are working towards improving the design so that it will burn consistently for 10 hours or more so a person could use it for a whole day before having to clean it.
- We have received technology assistance from Rockefeller Foundation. After this, it has to be field tested.
Write to us. We would love to hear your ideas, suggestions and thoughts.