He has also been profiled in Business Outlook, Rediff Business – “An Amazing Journey of a 70 year old Social Entrepreneur and included as one of the 20 social entrepreneurs in the book “I have a dream” by Rashmi Bhansal.
With almost four decades in the industry, Mr. Mukundan brings with him strong networks with small-scale entrepreneurs, governmental and non-governmental agencies associated with small-scale enterprises.
- Past Hony. General Secretary – TANSTIA – The Apex organization of State level Small and Tiny Industries in Tamil Nadu, India.
- Past Chairman – AIMO (TNSB) – A Forum of Manufacturers of Small, Medium and Large Industries.
- Chairman, Rural Energy Cell – ENFUSE – A Service Organisation dedicated to Energy Conservation.
- Past Member – Governing Council – TANSTIA-FNF SERVICE CENTRE – An organization dedicated to supporting service to Small Industries.
- Chairman – Policy and Program – FASII. Apex organization for all India small enterprises
- Vice President FESLA (All India Federation of Associations of Stoves, Lanterns and Allied Products) – The Apex body of manufacturers of Stove / Burners.
- Director – RURAL INNOVATION NETWORK. An NGO involved in incubating Rural innovators).
- Director of SIPPO Ltd (Small Industries Product Promotion Ltd. An NGO involved in market promotion of products made by small scale industries.
- Represents industry in many committees constituted by both State and Central Government.
- Has experience in organizing industry related programmes like Seminars, Training Programmes and Industrial Exhibitions such as Ideal Home Exhibition, Ind-Expo, Tech 2000
- Guest Faculty to Educational Institutions.
- Has been regularly invited to participate in discussions and debates on Television and print media.